This Enrollment Agreement is between World Language Schools, a Texas corporation (herein after referred to as “the School”) and the Student who is named below in the Enrollment Form. The School agrees to provide the following training:
Course or Program title (Student will select one (1) from the following list):
- ESL – English as a Second Language
Level (Student will be evaluated by the School then will select one (1) from the following list):
Agreement is Binding:
- This agreement will be binding only when it has been fully completed, signed, and dated by the Student and an authorized representative of the School prior to the time instruction begins.
Changes in the Agreement:
- Any changes in the agreement will not be binding on either the Student or the School unless such changes are acknowledged in writing by an authorized representative of the School and by the Student or the Student’s parent or guardian if he/she is a minor.
Effective Date of Acceptance:
- I, the undersigned Student, do hereby certify that I have read and understand the cancellation and refund policy and the complaint procedure; I have received a copy of the school catalog or brochure; and I am entitled to an exact copy of this Enrollment Agreement, school catalog, and any other papers I sign.
Cancellation of Classes:
- The School reserves the right to cancel a starting class if the number of Students enrolling is insufficient.
- Such a cancellation will be considered a rejection by the School and will entitle the Student to a full refund of all money paid
Make up of missed classes:
- Missed classes can be made up within the next available scheduled class with approval by the teacher.
- One class per month can be made up.
- All make up classes will have to be made up in the same month that the class was missed.
- Missed classes that are not made up will be forfeited.
Holidays and breaks
- The School observes all standard US Holidays and as such no classes will be held.
- Two extended breaks are observed during the week of Thanksgiving and the week of Christmas.
- Summer schedule will be followed as published by the school..
Cancellation and Refund Policy for the language training Program:
- The School must refund all money paid if the applicant is not accepted. This includes instances where a starting class is canceled by the School.
- The School must refund all money paid if the applicant cancels within 3 business days (excluding Sundays and holidays) after the day the contract is signed or an initial payment is made, as long as the applicant has not begun training.
- The School may retain an established Registration Fee equal to ten percent of the total tuition cost, or one hundred dollars, whichever is less, if the applicant cancels after the third business day after signing the contract or making an initial payment.
- A “Registration Fee” is any fee charged by the School to process Student applications and establish a Student record system.
- If training is terminated after the Student enters classes, the School may retain the Registration Fee established under (3) of this subsection, plus a percentage of the total tuition as described in the following Registration Refund Schedule:
Registration Refund Schedule
- If the Student completes One week or up to 10%, whichever is less the School may keep 10% of the Registration Fee.
- If the Student completes more than One week or up to 10%, but less than 25% then the School may keep 25% of the Registration Fee.
- If the Student completes more than 25% but less than 50% the School may keep 50% of the Registration Fee.
- If the Student completes more than 50% but less than 75% then the School may keep 75% of the Registration Fee.
When calculating refunds, the official date of a student’s termination is the last day of recorded attendance:
- When the School receives notice of the Student’s intention to discontinue the training program; or,
- When the Student is terminated for a violation of a published School policy which provides for termination; or,
- When a Student, without notice, fails to attend classes for thirty calendar days.
- All refunds will be paid within thirty calendar days of the Student’s official termination date.
Notice to Buyer:
- Do not sign this agreement before you read it or if it contains any blank spaces.
- This is a legal document.
- All pages of this agreement are binding.
- Read both sides of all pages before signing.
- You are entitled to an exact copy of the agreement, School catalog, and any other papers you may sign and are required to sign a statement acknowledging receipt of those.
Cancellation of Contract:
- If you have not started training, you may cancel this contract by submitting written notice of such cancellation to the school at its address shown on the contract, which notice shall be submitted not later than midnight of the third business day (excluding Sundays and holidays) following your signing this contract or the written notice may be personally or otherwise delivered to the school within that time.
- In event of dispute over timely notice, the burden to prove service rests on the sender.
Unfair Business Practices:
- It is an unfair business practice for the School to sell, discount, or otherwise transfer this contract or promissory note without the signed written consent of the Student or his/her parent or guardian if he/she is a minor and a written statement notifying all parties that the cancellation and refund policy continues to apply.